Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fall Colours

I love the fall, it is a second spring when every leaf is a flower - according to Albert Camus anyway. I certainly agree with him - the splash of colour is something else. In the northern Boreal forest where I live, we get mostly yellows from hardwood species like birch and poplar but we have a few maples that turn red. The reds and oranges are my favourites and many of the smaller bushes, vines and floor plants turn orange or red.

It was a beautiful day for mid-October yesterday at 24 Celsius which is crazy! My son Matthew and I took a drive to Rushing River Park and down the Dryberry Lake access road in search of fall colours.

Here's what we found:


































































Well I hope you enjoyed these images as much as I enjoyed taking them. Copyright on all pix Gerry Cariou.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, I'd like to hear what you think.......