Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Reflecting on the past.


Time is an Interesting Concept


I have always been interested in the past, but as I get older it's become apparent to me we all create our own "past" based on time spent on the planet alone! I think back now, to my childhood, and ponder things that I am able to remember. I thought maybe I should write some things down, you know, so I don't forget. 

Here's a list of sorts...
  • My earliest memory is living at a place in the west end of Winnipeg, "Blake Gardens" I have just one memory from there, that is riding on a circular merry go round - I assume in the play area. I was less than 2 years old.
  • I remember riding a green tricycle my dad bought for me, I think at Canadian Tire, I was about 4 years old so 1967.
  • I remember collecting insects with my older brother Chris, probably when I was 5-8 years old. The biggest deal was trying to catch the big red centipedes. They were fast and I remember my brother getting mad when we missed one lol.
  • I remember watching hockey night in Canada with my grandma. She liked the Canadians, I liked the Leafs. Dave Keon was my favorite player. I was about 5 or 6, 1968 or 1969.
  • I remember driving home in my parents station wagon after a party at our cousins. My dad was drunk and I remember my mom freaking about my dad's driving. Not good, all 6 kids were in the car. Anyway, we made it home okay, probably about 5 or 6 again.
  • I remember my dad making a rink in my back yard, about 10 years old so 1973.
  • I remember sleeping on our  sun porch and my dad was trying to install a window air conditioner in the 2nd floor bedroom window. He had just bought it. It fell off the ledge and came crashing to the ground and all I remember is waking up and looking up at my dad hanging out the 2nd floor window with a look of disbelief on his face. I was probably 13 or 14 so 1976-77.
Well that's all that come's to mind right now. We'll make this an update-able post, one that gets updated when I remember more things from my childhood. I remember something now actually, but I don't feel like adding it. Too much work.

Cool baseball pic eh? That's Ty Cobb and Shoeless Joe Jackson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, I'd like to hear what you think.......