Friday, July 20, 2007

My First Blog Post - Dryberry Lake






My brother is an avid blogger so I thought I'd give it a try. He is great at thinking of things to
post so I will (initially at least) pale in comparison to him. I thought I'd begin this journey with a post about my favourite place in the whole world. This is a lake in Ontario called Dryberry Lake. I love to go their to relax and to fish of course. This lake is known for its excellent trout and muskie fishing but really, I go there primarily just to get away. If you are ever searching for that perfect place where time seems to stop and where nothing is really all that important, then Dryberry Lake certainly qualifies as one of those places.

I have been there at times on a warm summer day and after beaching the boat, I find a nice granite outcrop to sit on and enjoy the view. I swear that if you close your eyes and listen to the silence, the feeling of peace and contentment you get is truly remarkable. To me this place is Heaven on earth! While the relaxation of visiting the lake is a real important reason I go there, even more important is the fact the lake has awesome muskie fishing.


The muskie, is one of North America's most sought after game fish. It is larger than its close cousin the northern pike and probably a bit smarter. They call the muskie the "fish of 10,000 casts" because relatively speaking, it is hard to catch. The image at the top is of my first ever muskie caught on Dryberry Lake. That's me on the left with my friend Marc holding the fish. Not huge or anything at 37 inches (they can grow to almost 60 inches and weigh over 50 pounds) but a great fish nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. Have you been back since 2007? I've read a lot about Dryberry Lake as it's close to few other lakes I've fished in that area. It seems to be quite the spiritual wilderness spot from all I've read...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I'd like to hear what you think.......